Sick Sigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cool website with a new community where we make,share, teach and view sigs with other people.

HomeHome  Donate!  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forum Icons

Go down 
+2
JaZeon
Christian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Christian

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:32 pm

Dear Administrator,

You will know me as Christian from ForumPromotion.net .

A few months ago i was approached my the Administrator to create two forum styles they could use to replace the acid tech style.

One of the styles i have made is now default at ForumPromotion.net. The imageset was also part of the deal...which i will add i was paid for.

As the author of the imageset and considering i am still in possession of the original .psd image of the icons, i am in a position to take this situation further.

If the imageset is not removed within 24 hours, i will be contacting my solicitor and taking this situation further.
Back to top Go down
JaZeon
JaZeon

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Sick Sigs
EXP:
Forum Icons Left_bar_bleue10/10Forum Icons Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Text Field: 3
Choice List: Man

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:02 am

So you meant the icons or the forum buttons?
Back to top Go down
http://zicarian.lozt.com
Christian

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:57 pm

All of them.

The forum icons and the topic icons. Also the "New Topic" and "Post Reply" buttons i can see ave been stolen.

The complaint has been forwarded to "typlo" who you may know as an Administrator on the Forumotion network.

I suggest you remove them before this gets any worse for you.
Back to top Go down
bookert316
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
bookert316

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Sick Sigs
EXP:

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:23 pm

hey player wait to the owner come's back and we shall see what we can do to cooperate with you, but if you haven't copyrighted your work, then anybody can have used it as long as you get the credit for inventing them. plus this shouldn't be a thread for all to see this problem. please use the PM's to one of the Admins or one of the Mods. also anybody can make this type of icons!
Back to top Go down
http://themaddendungeon.forumakers.com
Christian

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:25 am

I do not need a copyright, i will take action for plagiarism. The "owners" have clearly taken / copies my work which was made for another paying customer.

I will wait till the owners come back. But if nothing is done on their end, i will make sure something happens on my end.
Back to top Go down
bookert316
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
bookert316

Sick Sigs
EXP:

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:08 pm

Christian wrote:
I do not need a copyright, i will take action for plagiarism. The "owners" have clearly taken / copies my work which was made for another paying customer.

I will wait till the owners come back. But if nothing is done on their end, i will make sure something happens on my end.
1 question, what will make you happy?
2 how can we come to a middle ground?
3 we haven't claimed that we made them in the first place, plus we have members on your other forum too.
Back to top Go down
Christian

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 2:17 pm

1. Remove them
2. Ask permission from the Administrators at ForumPromotion.net
3. Having members doesn't mean a thing.

If "Snorki" comes back, apologises to both myself and the ForumPromotion Admins who paid for the styles the imageset came from, then i will be willing to drop the whole lot and forget about it.
Back to top Go down
1ruleyou

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 4:55 pm

He is a moron! and shouldnt be allowed to own forums!
Back to top Go down
bookert316
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
bookert316

Sick Sigs
EXP:

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:54 pm

Christian wrote:
1. Remove them

If "Snorki" comes back, apologises to both myself and the ForumPromotion Admins who paid for the styles the imageset came from, then i will be willing to drop the whole lot and forget about it.

Well if you are speaking for the owner of Forum Promotion.net then we may consider this, if the site owner that you sold your content to isn't aware of your actions then we will have no other option but to remove you from this forum, this type of Anarchy here doesn't get member to feel welcome when this is going on. thanks from the Staff of Sick Sig.
Back to top Go down
JaZeon
JaZeon

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Sick Sigs
EXP:

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 7:30 pm

1ruleyou wrote:
He is a moron! and shouldnt be allowed to own forums!

What do you mean rule?
Back to top Go down
http://zicarian.lozt.com
bookert316
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
bookert316

Sick Sigs
EXP:

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 9:57 pm

If he has a problem with who owns this forum then he can also find a new home. this forum was started by Snorki and if you don't like him then have a pair and PM him with your dislike, don't jump on a fools bandwagon. we don't need that here.
Back to top Go down
1ruleyou

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 11:58 pm

Not sure what your talking about but snorki has been stealing ideas for a long time...He leaves his forums for a long while not posting then comes back and takes other peoples stuff...Christian has the right to sue him.
Back to top Go down
Subz uk

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 4:29 am

These icons should be removed, there is loads of free icons all over the internet, end of the day this is just stealing
Back to top Go down
bookert316
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
bookert316

Sick Sigs
EXP:

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:13 am

Grow up, the icons that are in question are free icons all you have to do is copy and paste LOL.
Back to top Go down
1ruleyou

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:57 am

No the icons in questions are from the forums here http://www.forumpromotion.net/phpBB3/index.php Its the little button on the left, And the "New Topic" "Reply" buttons!!! also the moved post new post no new posts and so on!!!

Also you keep saying its only a copy and paste...That is what a COPY right protects...The right someone has to own something and NO ONE else can copy it!!!!! Your such a moron its not even funny you dont know what the hell your talking about!!!!

I would like to draw your attention to two places on www.forumotion.net FIRST!
Forum Icons Untitled-3

See those images? They are the same as the ones one this forum

SECOND!!
Forum Icons Untitled2-1

See that copy right!!!! it means that ANYTHING on the forums including images ARE NOT to be and i quote "just coppied and pasted" for anyone to do!!!!
Back to top Go down
Christian

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 2:04 pm

bookert316 wrote:
Christian wrote:
1. Remove them

Well if you are speaking for the owner of Forum Promotion.net then we may consider this, if the site owner that you sold your content to isn't aware of your actions then we will have no other option but to remove you from this forum, this type of Anarchy here doesn't get member to feel welcome when this is going on. thanks from the Staff of Sick Sig.

Of course the Admin knows about this forum stealing icons. Drop the excuses and face the fact that the Admins of this forum have taken images that don't belong to them - full knowingly that the ForumPromotion Admins had paid for them.

This situation is only making me more frustrated. I Will be taking a course of action if they are not removed - that is a guarantee.
Back to top Go down

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 2:20 pm

Ok guys, stop spamming this topic, its for Snorki to look at when he gets back not for people to try and make excuses for him. I'm not taking sides I'm just saying that we don't really need a flame fest.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Snorki
Admin
Admin
Snorki

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Sick Sigs
EXP:
Forum Icons Left_bar_bleue1337/1337Forum Icons Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/1337)
Text Field: 1

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 4:00 pm

Sorry. I was away, I will remove the forum icons. Topic closed.

Christian, I also made a topic on forumpromotion in General Chat. And I am deeply sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://sickadverts.forumotion.net
Snorki
Admin
Admin
Snorki

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Sick Sigs
EXP:
Forum Icons Left_bar_bleue1337/1337Forum Icons Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/1337)
Text Field: 1

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 5:25 pm

Edited.
Back to top Go down
http://sickadverts.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Forum Icons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Icons   Forum Icons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Icons
Page 1 of 1