Sick Sigs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cool website with a new community where we make,share, teach and view sigs with other people.

HomeHome  Donate!  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pop Out Signature Tutorial

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bookert316
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
bookert316

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Sick Sigs
EXP:
Pop Out Signature Tutorial Left_bar_bleue10/10Pop Out Signature Tutorial Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Text Field: 3
Choice List: Man

Pop Out Signature Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Pop Out Signature Tutorial   Pop Out Signature Tutorial I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 5:10 pm

http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/pop-out-signature-tutorial-t9171.html

Today, we are going to learn how to make your render "pop-out" of the signature area. It gives a really cool effect and is really simple to do. When we are done, it will look a little like this.

OK, to begin, you need to prepare your render. I am going to use this one.

Feel free to use it if you want to.

Open up a new image with the dimensions of 400 x 125. Now you will need to make a background. I'm not going to give any real steps on how to do this, but if you look around on this site, there are many tutorials showing you how to make them. Try using this one, as it is the way I am going to make mine. Don't add the render to your background though. We will do that later.

Following those steps you will get something like this. If you want to add a border, now is the time to do it. The link to the tutorial I told you about above will also show you how to do this.

You now have both a background and a render. Press Ctrl + A to select everything. Now go to:
Image ---> Canvas Size
A window like the screenshot below will appear. If you made the size of your image 400 x 125 like I told you, simply set the settings to the same as shown. If you have used a different size, double the width and height of your image and type what the numbers come to into the boxes names "Width" and "Height". Set the offset X and Y values the same as in the screenshot.

Press "Resize".

Your canvas will now look something a little like this.

This is just how you want it.

Now for your render. Open it up and it will appear in a new window. If its to big, resize it. Now go back to your signature window and make a new layer. Copy your render and paste it on to your new layer. A handy tip to know is when you press F11, it will bring The GIMP into full screen mode allowing you to see what you are doing clearly. You should get something like this. Yours will have little dotted squares all behind it though like the image above. Its OK, its how it should be.

Now add some text or whatever you want on your signature. A cool way to make text look good is to type what you want out on to your signature in white, move it to where you want it to be, set that layer's mode to "Overlay" and then duplicate it untill it looks nice. Heres what I got. Again, squares should still be present.

Now merge all the visible layers by pressing Ctrl + M. Select the first option. Now right click on the layer in the layers window and select "Alpha to Selection". This will select all your signature. Copy it by pressing Ctrl + C. Then go to:
Edit ---> Paste as New
This will open up a new window with your signature in it. Go to:
File ---> Save as . . .
Save it as "Popout Signature.png" it must be in a .png for it to work.
Thats it your all done! This is what I got.
Back to top Go down
http://themaddendungeon.forumakers.com
Snorki
Admin
Admin
Snorki

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Sick Sigs
EXP:
Pop Out Signature Tutorial Left_bar_bleue1337/1337Pop Out Signature Tutorial Empty_bar_bleue  (1337/1337)
Text Field: 1

PostSubject: Re: Pop Out Signature Tutorial   Pop Out Signature Tutorial I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 6:41 pm

Nice Tut, did you make it on your own?
Back to top Go down
http://sickadverts.forumotion.net
bookert316
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
bookert316

Sick Sigs
EXP:
Pop Out Signature Tutorial Left_bar_bleue10/10Pop Out Signature Tutorial Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Pop Out Signature Tutorial   Pop Out Signature Tutorial I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:03 pm

I wish I did, but I got this from another forum posted the link back to the main post, if they wanted to look at the photo's. I posted this due to your pop out sig. So all the gimpers will know how to make also.
Back to top Go down
bookert316
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
bookert316

Sick Sigs
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Pop Out Signature Tutorial   Pop Out Signature Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 1:56 pm

Pop Out Signature Tutorial Popout10
this is what made real quick, now if you take more time you can make a hot sig with this technique.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pop Out Signature Tutorial   Pop Out Signature Tutorial I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pop Out Signature Tutorial
Page 1 of 1